Quest MotorHome Hire Ltd
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, Quest Motorhome Hire Ltd are required to explain why we collect information about you, how we intend to use it, store it and who we will share it with.
Why we collect personal information
The information that you provide to us is required in order for us to:
1. Add you to our customer database to send you marketing literature/quarterly newsletter via email or post
2. Send you service reminders via email or post
3. Keep a record of your motorhome registration details and service history
4. Enable warranty claims and administration
5. Enable delivery and collection and storage of your own vehicle
6. Perform DVLA driver checks & ID checks on customers and additional drivers hiring motorhomes from us
7. Profile our customers to ensure we are providing content that is tailored towards their interests
8. Generate customer demographic data for internal marketing research
Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which could be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
1. To process any literature or communication requests you make to us
2. For marketing purposes by Quest Motorhome Hire Ltd where we will communicate products, events, and promotions which we think may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following people: -
Current Quest Motorhome Hire Ltd’s authorised employees, regulators, auditors, lawyers, and other business professionals.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests).
We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract, we keep the transactional data for six years from your last interaction with us (or such longer period as may be required by law).
This Policy was last updated on 3 June 2020.